- What made you leave the big city of Chicago (in 2011) for the small mountain town of Sun Valley, Idaho?
- Why Sun Valley?
- What is it about nature that you feel can be particularly healing?
- Why do you think so many people are struggling with issues in life and in health?
- Why is it important for each individual to contribute to change on a personal level in order to create change on a global level?
ABOUT Give It A Go, Eat a Rainbow
- Why did you decide to write Give It A Go, Eat a Rainbow?
- How did you decide to involve your 12-year old son (Alexander) in the creation of the children's book?
- How are you uniquely qualified to write a children's book on healthy eating (particularly of fruits and veggies?)
- What are some current statistics on our nation's health related to healthy eating and veggie consumption?
- Why do parents need this book NOW?
- Why do teachers need this book NOW?
- How is the book a multi-media portal that can provide access to Do-It-Yourself materials for teachers, schools, parents and other organizations?
- How are teachers, parents and kids benefitting from reading your book?
ABOUT Mountain Mantras: Wellness and Life Lessons from the Slopes
- Why did you decide to write Mountain Mantras: Wellness and Life Lessons from the Slopes?
- How did you choose the title for Mountain Mantras: Wellness and Life Lessons from the Slopes?
- Why use the metaphor of skiing for writing a book about leadership and wellness?
- What are the six mantras? How do they lead to success in life and in wellness?
- Change Your Lens on Life (Mantra #1) is about positive psychology. Why is this principle so important to success?
- Get Some Good Boots On (Mantra #2) is all about building a solid foundation. Why is this principle so important to success?
- Zoom Out for the Best View (Mantra #3) is about vision and visualization. Why is this principle so important to success?
- Plant Your Poles (Mantra #4) is about setting goals. Why is this principle so important to success?
- Embrace the Yard Sale (Mantra #5) is about learning from mistakes. Why is this principle so important to success?
- Throw Yourself Down the Mountain (Mantra #6) is about commitment and full engagement. Why is this principle so important to success?
- How are people benefitting from reading your book?
- When did you first get interested in wellness?
- What is different about the way that you approach wellness?
- How do you endeavor to Make Wellness Fun?
- When do you think the best time to start wellness education is?
- You describe wellness (in Mountain Mantras) in terms of mind, body and spirit. How can we create more calmness in our minds? You mention “weeding thoughts from the mind”, but how does that process work?
- Yoga is an important part of your recipe for wellness success. What is it about yoga that can be so healing?
- You recommend (in Mountain Mantras) the “Three Cs” of yoga poses for creating wellness: Connect, Communicate, and Commit. Please describe what these three C’s are and how they create well-being.
- You suggest games to create better wellness (Bingo, scavenger hunt, grade that lunch, and energy balance tug of war). How do these games create enhanced wellness?
- You also suggest rhyming as a way to engrain, in a positive way, some wellness lessons. How do the rhymes you suggest (Shun Portion Distortion, Celebrate MyPlate, Rethink Your Drink and Give it a Go, Follow the Rainbow) create enhanced wellness?
- In your book Mountain Mantras, you mention that “diet is a four-letter word” and suggest COMMITMENT instead. Can you walk us through the COMMITMENT strategy?
- What was it about having kids that changed your own career direction?
- What are some of the things we can do to be a great role model for our own kids?
- One of the things parents struggle with most is getting kids to try new foods? What strategies do you have up your sleeve?
- Do you think parents should ban sweets or junk foods in their homes?
- Tell us the funny story about your son sneaking chocolate from a cake and blaming it on “the ants”
- Tell us the funny story about your daughter learning about food additives (bugs in food!?)
- Tell us the funny story about how your son stashed a year’s worth of omega-3 fish pills under his dresser
- Tell us about how your daughter hid halloween candy of the worst kind and how you handled the situation when you discovered the “stash”
BUSINESS & LEADERSHIP
- You have been very affected by Steven Covey’s The Seven Habits of Highly Successful People. How did your Grandmother help you to “Begin with the End in Mind”?
- What are the three questions that you believe allow people to discover their purpose in life, leading them to the highest potential in their careers?
- Your mother in law reminded you that “Life is Long”. How can that statement especially help women as we navigate our career paths?
- What can Olympians teach business leaders about running effective meetings?
- What can Olympians teach business leaders about maintaining energy in the long-haul, doing as you describe “Pushing the Re-Set” button?
- What can incremental progress teach business leaders about vision and goal setting?
- You describe that fear holds many of us back in our efforts to reach out highest career potential. How did you learn to transform fear into success?